Experienced Product Liability Lawyers in Yorba Linda, Carlsbad, Monterey Park, and Moreno Valley
In the United States, our entire economy is centered around the buying and selling of products and consumer goods. With economic pressures to put more goods on the market at a faster pace, we find that many of these products come to a consumer’s hands without the proper safety measures being ensured. Although our laws regulate against this, mistakes and even negligence can happen that puts a consumer’s safety at risk.
Get the Advice and Guidance of a Legal Professional
If you have been injured due to a dangerous product, you should get the advice and guidance of a personal injury lawyer. Product liability claims can be extremely complex and a victim should not navigate it alone. The team at Braff Injury Law PC has represented injury victims in Yorba Linda, Carlsbad, Monterey Park, Moreno Valley, and surrounding communities against faulty or dangerous products throughout our careers and have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for them.
Who is Responsible for a Dangerous Product?
Product liability law holds a manufacturer or seller of consumer goods liable for any injuries that occur due to their products. These liability laws can be different from state to state. In California, there are two ways in which to hold a manufacturer liable for a product.
- Strict liability allows an injured party to hold a manufacturer liable for a defective product regardless of that manufacturer’s negligence. In a strict liability case, it is the manufacturer’s responsibility to prove they were not negligent.
- Negligence is when the manufacturer has breached its duty of care that it owes consumers and puts a harmful product on the market. In this case, the injured party must prove that negligence factored into the dangerous product.
There are also three basic types of product defects.
- Design defects are those that create a danger by virtue of the way it was designed.
- Manufacturing defects are those that have occurred during the assembly or manufacturing of the product. The product would be safe without this manufacturing flaw.
- Marketing defects are those where the product has been inadequately labeled or is missing safety warnings or adequate instructions for its use.
As you can see, a product liability claim can be complex. Many areas along the line of production, distribution, and sale of a product may be responsible and it can often be difficult to prove. That is why it is important to have the guidance of an experienced product liability lawyer if you have suffered an injury due to a dangerous product.
Call An Experience Product Liability Attorney
If you have been injured due to a dangerous or defective product, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Call the experienced product liability lawyers at Braff Injury Law PC. We have represented clients in Yorba Linda, Carlsbad, Monterey Park, Moreno Valley, and surrounding communities in claims against dangerous products. We will diligently pursue the maximum compensation for your injuries and hold the manufacturer accountable. Contact us today for a free consultation.